Monday, 24 September 2012

An Update.. 23/7/12

WELL…
The first night I came up to Aberdeen I had high hopes of fishing a mark I had previously fished a couple weeks before and had very good results- but unfortunately it wasn’t to be. My new fishing mate Stewart had a small pollockling of about 3/4lb, that I didn’t see, but definitely believe that happened!
The next session I had was a long trip up to the Peterhead region, where we had a good 8 hour session picking up about 60 codling,whiting,poor cod,pollock and whiting on scratching rigs. The excitement on the big rods came when I finally got a better result on the scratching; a slightly slack line induced me to strike into a 43cm codling that was the highlight of the night. Luckily landed as the lower hook in the 2hook flapper had caught its dorsal fin and the lip hook had almost bent out!
The next day saw me Joining John at a mark I caught him at the first time I came to Aberdeen a month ago, he was deep spinning with some pink jelly worms he got a nice Pollock of 2lbs.  I was busying myself at catching some blennies in the rockpool near the mark, but unfortunately pissed off the monster in the pool without catching him, so no photos yet, but there will be soon! Hopefully a dull day will allow me to film the lot..
So no major report, just an update of happenings..

                                                                                                              

No comments:

Post a Comment